The Coalition today introduced legislation to reintroduce the Australian Building and Construction Commission.
According to Senator The Hon Eric Abetz, The bill will:
- Improve the bargaining framework to ensure negotiations are sensible and productive;
- Extend coverage of the ABCC’s powers to offshore construction sites;
- Prohibit coercion and discrimination;
- Deliver significant penalties for unlawful action; and
- Provide the regulator with strong but transparent coercive powers.
Click here for the press release